1 These terms
- 1 What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods or services.
- 2 Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
2 Information about us and how to contact us
- 1 Who we are. We are CCSalons Ltd a company registered in England, Scotland and Wales. Our company registration number is 16685110 and our registered office is at 13 Islet Park Drive, Maidenhead, England, SL6 8LF. Our registered VAT number is GB 324 573015
- 2 How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 077470336303 or 01753 857889 or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or 278 Dedworth Road Windsor Berkshire SL4 4JR. Please also see our contact and complaints policy here [LINK].
- 3 How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- 4 “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
3 Our contract with you
- 1 How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we tell you that we are able to provide you with the product, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- 2 If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- 3 Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- 4 We only sell to the UK. Our brochures and website are solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from addresses outside the UK.
4 Our products
4.1 Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products in our brochures and on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, there may be minor variations and we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours or the printed pictures in our brochures accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
- 2 Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown on images on our website or in our brochures.
- 3 Making sure your measurements are accurate. If we are making the product to measurements you have given us you are responsible for ensuring that these measurements are correct. You can find information and tips on how to measure in our brochure or on our website, or by contacting us.
5 Your rights to make changes
5.1 If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 8, Your rights to end the contract).
6 Our rights to make changes
- 1 Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
- 1.1 to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- 1.2 to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
- 2 More significant changes to the products and these terms. In addition, we may make the following changes to these terms or the product, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received:
- 2.1 Where an element of a selected service might be unavailable from a third party provider; or
- 2.2 Where the price of a selected service or product changes for reasons beyond our control.
7 Providing the products
- 1 Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as told to you during the order process or as set out in our current price list.
- 2 When we will provide the products.
- 2.1 If the products are goods. If the products are goods we will deliver them to you as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 30 days after the day on which we accept your order.
- 2.2 If the products are one-off services. We will begin the services on the date agreed with you during the order process. The estimated completion date for the services is as told to you during the order process.
7.2.3 If the products are ongoing services or a subscription to receive goods. We will supply the services or goods to you until the services are completed or the subscription expires (if applicable) or either you end the contract as described in clause 8 or we end the contract by written notice to you as described in clause 9.
- 3 We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- 4 Collection by you. If you have asked to collect the products from our premises, you can collect them from us at any time during our working hours of 09:30 to 18:00 on weekdays and Saturdays (excluding public holidays).
- 5 If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
- 6 If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 11.2 will apply.
- 7 If you do not allow us access to provide services. If you do not allow us access to your property to perform the services as arranged (and you do not have a good reason for this) we may charge you additional costs incurred by us as a result. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange access to your property we may end the contract and clause 11.2 will apply
- 8 Your legal rights if we deliver late. You have legal rights if we deliver any products late. If we miss the delivery deadline for any products then you may treat the contract as at an end straight away if any of the following apply:
- 8.1 we have refused to deliver the products; or
- 8.2 delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances).
- 9 Setting a new deadline for delivery. If you do not wish to treat the contract as at an end straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 7.8, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can treat the contract as at an end if we do not meet the new deadline.
- 10 Ending the contract for late delivery. If you do choose to treat the contract as at an end for late delivery under clause 7.8 or clause 7.9, you can cancel your order for any of the products or reject products that have been delivered. If you wish, you can reject or cancel the order for some of those products (not all of them), unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. After that we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled products and their delivery. If the products have been delivered to you, you will have to return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) return them to us or allow us to collect them, and we will pay the costs of this postage or collection. Please call customer services on 07747036303 or 01753 857889 or email us at email@example.com to arrange collection.
- 11 When you become responsible for the product. The product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you or a carrier organised by you collect it from us.
- 12 When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full.
- 13 What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you, for example, your name, address, email address, telephone number, payment card details consent forms and medical questionnaires. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the products in our brochures or on our website. We will contact you to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (see clause 11.1) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
- 14 Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- 14.1 deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- 14.2 update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- 14.3 make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6).
- 15 Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the supply of products we will adjust the price so that you do not pay for products while they are suspended. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than three months and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product in respect of the period after you end the contract.
- 16 We may also suspend supply of the products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the products when you are supposed to (see clause 13.4) and you still do not make payment within seven days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the products. We will not suspend the products where you dispute the unpaid invoice (see clause 13.6). We will not charge you for the products during the period for which they are suspended. As well as suspending the products we can also charge you interest on your overdue payments (see clause 13.5).
8 Your rights to end the contract
8.1 You can always end the contract for the supply of a product before it has been completed. You may contact us to end your contract for a product at any time before we have delivered it or completed supplying it and you have paid for it, but in some circumstances we may charge you for doing so, as described below. Of course, you always have rights where a product is faulty or mis-described (see clause 12, “If there is a problem with the products”).
- 2 What happens if you have a good reason for ending the contract. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided or have not been provided properly and you may also be entitled to further compensation. The reasons are:
8.2.1 we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 6.2);
- 2.2 we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- 2.3 there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- 2.4 we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than three months; or
- 2.5 you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong (but see clause 7.8 in relation to your rights to end the contract if we deliver late.
- 3 What happens if you end the contract without a good reason and there is no right to change your mind. Unless you have a right to end the contract immediately (see clause 8.2), the contract will not end until 30 days after the day on which you contact us. We will refund any advance payment you have made for products which will not be provided to you. For example, if you tell us you want to end the contract on 4 February we will continue to supply the product until 3 March. We will only charge you for supplying the product up to 3 March and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the supply of the product after 3 March.
- 4 Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract after products have been dispatched to you and (because we cannot recall them) they are delivered to you, you must return them to us. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract. If you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you are exercising your legal rights to end the contract because of something we have done wrong then we will pay the costs of return. In all other circumstances you must pay the costs of return.
9 Your additional rights to end the contract for products bought off- premises or over the telephone or by exchange of emails
9.1 Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought off-premises or over the telephone or by exchange of emails you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
- 2 When you don’t have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- 2.1 products which have been used or damaged;
- 2.2 services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running;
- 2.3 products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them; and
- 2.4 any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- 3 How long do I have to change my mind? How long you have depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered.
- 3.1 Have you bought services (for example, a beauty treatment)? If so, you have 14 days after the day we let you know we accept your order. However, once we have completed the services you cannot change your mind, even if the period is still running. If you cancel after we have started the services, you must pay us for the services provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind.
- 3.2 Have you bought goods (for example, a beauty product)?, if so you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless:
- (a) Your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the goods.
- (b) Your goods are for regular delivery over a set period (for example a monthly supply of a beauty product). In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of the goods.
10 How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
- 1 Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- 1.1 Phone or email. Call Customer Services on 07747036303 or 01753 857889 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- 1.2 Online. Complete the form at www.coolcontours.com/contact
- 1.3 By post. Or simply write to us at Coolcontours, 278 Dedworth Road Windsor SL4 4JR, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- 2 What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection.
- 3 How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below and in our deposit and cancellation policy [LINK].
- 4 Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- 4.1 We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- 4.2 The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- 4.3 Where the product is a service, we may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract. We will also make deductions in accordance with our deposit and cancellation policy [LINK].
- 5 When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
- 5.1 If the products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 10.1.
- 5.2 In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
11 Our rights to end the contract 11.1
We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a
product at any time by writing to you if:
- 1.1 you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within seven days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- 1.2 you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, for example, your name, address, email address, telephone number, payment card details, consent forms and medical questionnaires;
- 1.3 you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us; or
- 1.4 you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us access to your premises to supply the services; or
- 1.5 you do not cancel or re-book a treatment in accordance with our deposit and cancellation policy [LINK].
- 2 You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 11.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract, including but not limited to the circumstances set out in our deposit and refund policy [LINK].
- 3 We may withdraw the product. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know at least seven days in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
12 If there is a problem with the product
- 1 How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at 07747036303 or 01753 857889 or write to us at email@example.com or 278 Dedworth Road Windsor Berkshire SL4 4JR, or see our contact and complaints policy here [LINK]. Alternatively, please speak to one of our staff in-store.
- 2 Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
If your product is goods, for example beauty products, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
- up to six months: if your goods can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
- If your product is services, for example a beauty treatment, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
- you can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it’s not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it.
- if you haven’t agreed a price beforehand, what you’re asked to pay must be reasonable.
- if you haven’t agreed a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
12.3 Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection.
13 Price and payment
- 1 Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price set out in our price list in force at the date of your order unless we have agreed another price in writing. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 13.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- 2 We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- 3 What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated in our price list, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract and refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- 4 When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with all major debit or credit cards. When you must pay depends on what product you are buying:
- 4.1 For goods, you must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the products to you.
- 4.2 For services, you must make an advance payment of either £20 or 10% of the price of each individual service (whichever is higher), before we start providing it. Please see our deposit and cancellation policy in this regard. We will invoice you for the balance of the price of the individual service when we have completed it, and make that deduction from the payment card details we hold for you. For ongoing services, we will invoice you weekly in arrears for the services until the services are completed, and make that deduction from the payment card details we hold for you. Where unpaid, you must pay each invoice within seven calendar days after the date of the invoice.
- 5 We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
13.6 What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
14 Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- 1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- 2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products as summarised at clause 12.2; and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- 3 When we are liable for damage to your property. If we are providing services in your property, we will make good any damage to your property caused by us while doing so. However, we are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your property that we discover while providing the services.
- 4 We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
15 How we may use your personal information
- 1 How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- 1.1 to supply the products to you;
- 1.2 to process your payment for the products; and
- 1.3 if you agreed to this during the order process, to inform you about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
- 2 We may pass your personal information to credit reference agencies. Where we extend credit to you for the products we may pass your personal information to credit reference agencies and they may keep a record of any search that they do.
- 3 We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
16 Other important terms
- 1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract within seven days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for products not provided.
- 2 You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. We may not agree if we are in dispute or you owe us money.
- 3 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- 4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- 5 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- 6 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. English law governs these terms and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
- 7 Alternative dispute resolution. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
(Complete and return this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
To CCSalons Ltd 278 Dedworth Road Windsor Berkshire SL4 4JR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*]/for the supply of the following service [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
[*] Delete as appropriate